This version has some cool new additions to the library:
- Tile Maps: now you can load maps created with Tiled by using the new TMXMap. It supports all maps projections of tiles (orthogonal, isometric and staggered) and all type of layers (tile, image and object). Check it out the examples.
- Jukebox: a helper class to handle music and sound playback. With this class, you can set different volume setting for music and sounds, and play random sounds from a group.
- Storage: a helper class to handle persistent data using the HTML5 localStorage. With this class you overcome the type limitation in localStorage (it only accept string variables) and , thus, can save and retrieve objects, numbers, arrays, etc.
- Entity-Component-System: a ultra basic implementation of ECS model, I hope to provide more features in the future.
Moreover, there are some other modifications on the existing features:
- Sizers now manage scale and registration point properties of children.
- Fixed an initialization bug present in several transition.
- A complete update to the class and inheritance model of creatine, following the new style of CreateJS.
Together with this new version, I also published the new website for creatine (the old one http://guineashots.com/creatine now redirects to the new site):
Right now I’m updating my boilerplate to follow the new releases and to include a new improved architecture.