This game was created to the 32th ludum dare, which happened in April 16, 2015, with the theme “unconventional weapon“.
“Democracy” is my weapon of choice. As an unconventional weapon, the democracy and progress are used by the government to explore and subjugate other species. The game is highly influentiated by Heinlein’s novel – and, of course, the Verhoeven’s movie – Starship Troopers.
- Use ARROWS + Q + W + E
- Gamepad may work (A=Q, B=W, X=E)
- You must press the buttons 2 times to construct
- You must respect the min distance between structures
There are just a few levels. I found out that is hard as hell to balance this kind of game, I tried to keep levels fair but yet hard to beat.
NOTE: IF YOU LOSE A LEVEL, YOU MUST RESTART MANUALLY
I always try to use artificial intelligence as part of my games, in this one I have a hierarchical behavior tree controlling the insects and a simple one controlling the human units.
- I’m using CreateJS, Creatine and Behavior3JS as base tools.
- Inkscape and Gimp to draw things.
- Bxfr, soundhelix, audacity and voice to music and sounds.